Wednesday, December 04, 2013

Book Art Object : edition 4 revealed at last





My title for this edition of BAO is "A Day Just Like Any Other". I finished the "required" eight copies and posted them off to my group members in April, but I still haven't completed the full edition of fifteen. As a result, I didn't get around to sharing the full book here, before I went on "sabbatical". 

Nonetheless, "A Day..." has already been on show with other BAO Edition 4 books at UWE in Bristol, the IMPACT conference in Dundee and most recently at UNSW Canberra. So it is surely time to show it here to you, who have been waiting so patiently.

As a title, "A Day Just Like Any Other" probably suggests a narrative approach, but I pounced on it because I could see it would allow me to explore Time with a capital "T". So there's no narrative at all, just a star chart, a perpetual calendar and my photos of a sunrise, together with transparent pages in a circular book structure.

Take a look through and see what you think.


















Bookmark Digg Bookmark Del.icio.us Bookmark Facebook Bookmark Twitter

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Amanda, and that last photo has a magical look to it! I love your use of those transparent pages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you Carol, I'm glad you like it. I love playing with the transparencies - there's so much potential. xx

      Delete
  2. It is nice to re-visit the books and look with a fresh eye. Than k you, Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just Gorgeous Amanda...your imagery is very much to my own interests at the moment. Very cosmic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you Nancy. That's interesting! Must be the zeitgeist!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful work Amanda. You know how I love transparency. Look forward to seeing it in the flesh one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you Jack. You will certainly see it in the flesh - you have a copy coming your way....eventually.
      Yes, transparency. i love it too!

      Delete
  5. I, too, like your use of transparent pages. The minimalistic text and vintage looking graphic contrasts intriguingly with what looks like a high resolution photo. Beautiful, interesting work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hilke. I really appreciate your feedback.

      Delete
  6. I'm a bit late catching up with your blog post Amanda, but your book looks lovely and I am very impressed with the look of those transparent pages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helen. Seems the transparent pages are generally appealing. One coming your way....eventually....

      Delete
  7. Sorry I'm so belated! I've been on a bit of a "sabbatical" too, I guess you could say. Just wanted to say it's so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw, thank-you Chipmunk! No need for apologies - I accept compliments anytime!!

    Anyway, shouldn't you be hibernating? ;-)

    ReplyDelete